donderdag 18 juni 2009

You cry, I cry.

One of the sings of B'line is that the person can be oversensitive. So am I. Just 10 minutes ago I was on my way to the Albert Heijn and I passed a young man, sitting on the street, barefoot with a bagpack and 2 dogs. He had a fluit in his hands and he was crying. Crying silently, wiping his face with his sleeve and not able to play his fluit anymore cuz he was so upset. As I passed him I could feel his pain. He was hurting só bad, it felt like he was dissapointed in life, in himself and that all he wanted was a place to sleep, to rest and to shower.
I moved on with a throbbing heart and as I got out of the supermarket he was still sitting there and crying. Eyes glazing and his chest pounding. I couldn't pass on without addressing him and I asked him if he was okay. More tears came so I asked him how and if I could help him. I was searching my pockets for sum change (although I only had 5 euro's left till next week) and just as I found him 1 euro a lady passed by, opened her wallet and gave him 10 euro's!! I looked up and sighed: finally some one else who cared. But he kept on crying and the lady and I tried to ask him what was wrong but he didn't understand us. Neither English or Dutch! And most def not Turkish, believe me I tried.

I kneeled down next to him and put my hand on his shoulder, offering him my beer but he refused. I really wanted to give him te biggest hug he ever had. Hell! I wanted to take him home and let him stay at my place, shower, feed him and what not. No soul deserves to life like this. As I tried asking him again if he wanted to come with me for food and a shower he said 'Thank you no' and more tears came. That's when me and the lady broke. We both started tearing up as well and as she walked away I was almost ready to sit down beside the crying guy and hug him. But then I realised I had to get home, iron my dresses and get ready for my kid brothers wedding tomorrow. But if I could, I would have taken this wounded soul home and fed him and washed him and given him sum rest and peace. Even if it's only for a couple of hours.

I cried because he cried...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten